BS Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
MS Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
PhD Bioengineering, University of Maryland, College Park
5885 Hollis St., 4th floor
Emeryville, CA 94608
My research focuses on engineering Streptomyces venezuelae to produce spark ignition biofuels
- Amin Zargar, DN Quan, N Abutaleb, E Choi, WE Bentley, “Biocompatible capsules to control quorum sensing”, Biotechnology & Bioengineering (2015, in preparation)
- Amin Zargar, DN Quan, WE Bentley, “Reducing stochasticity in cell populations: rewiring quorum sensing to engineer dynamic gene expression with population-level control”, ACS Synthetic Biology (2015, in revision)
- Amin Zargar, GF Payne, WE Bentley, “A ‘bioproduction breadboard’: programming, assembling and actuating cellular networks”, Current Opinion in Biotechnology (2015, journal cover) 36: p. 154-160
- Matthew D Servinsky, JL Terrell, CY Tsao, HC Wu, DN Quan, A Zargar, PC Allen, CM Byrd, CJ Sund, WE Bentley, “Directed assembly of a bactrial quorum”, The ISME Journal, (2015)
- Amin Zargar, DN Quan, M Emamian, CY Tsao, HC Wu, CR Virgile, WE Bentley, “Rational design of ‘controller cells’ to manipulate protein and phenotype expression”, Metabolic Engineering (2015). 30: p. 61-68.
- Amin Zargar, DN Quan, KK Carter, M Guo, HO Sintim, GF Payne, WE Bentley, ‘Bacterial secretions of nonpathogenic E. coli elicit inflammatory pathways: a closer investigation of interkingdom signaling”, mBio (2015). 6:2 e00025-15.
- Hsuan-Chen Wu, CY Tsao, DN Quan, Y Cheng, MD Servinsky, KK Carter, KJ Jee, JL Terrell, A Zargar, GW Rubloff, GF Payne, JJ Valdes and WE Bentley, “Autonomous bacterial localization and gene expression based on nearby cell receptor density”, Molecular Systems Biology (2013). 9:1 636.
- Jordan F. Betz, Y Cheng, CY Tsao, A Zargar, X Luo, GF Payne,WE Bentley, and GW Rubloff, “Optically clear alginate hydrogels for spatially controlled cell entrapment and culture at microfluidic electrode surfaces,” Lab on a Chip, (2013). 13:10 p. 1854-1858.
- William E. Bentley, A Zargar and GF Payne, “Plug and play? Interconnected multifunctional chips for enhancing efficiency of biopharmaceutical R&D” Pharmaceutical Bioprocessing, (2013). 1:3 p. 225-228.
- Amin Zargar, K Chang, LJ Taite and FJ Schork, “Mathematical modeling of hyperbranched water-soluble polymers for drug delivery,” Macromolecular Reaction Engineering, (2011). 5:9-10 p. 373-384
- Amin Zargar and FJ Schork, “Copolymer sequence distributions in controlled radical polymerization,” Macromolecular Reaction Engineering, (2009) 3:2-3 p. 118-130.
- Amin Zargar and FJ Schork, “Design of copolymer molecular architecture via design of continuous reactor systems for controlled radical polymerization,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, (2009). 48:9 p. 4245-4253